Thursday, August 13, 2015

Popsicle Me Pretty

Naturally, life's latest purchase was a popsicle mold. Forget grown up decisions and plans to be made; a popsicle mold was clearly an essential purchase.  I’m pretty sure it's come up in 98% of the conversations I’ve had in the past 2 weeks…making this mold pretty vital to my social life. You’d be surprised to know how well I can awkwardly segue into announcing my purchase. “Are you going to that thing on Saturday?” “No, but I did make mango swirled yogurt pops last Saturday….here’s a picture. Look at my picture. Do you see my picture? Love my picture.” 

An embarrassingly long time was spent researching what mold would be purchased. Yes, you are correct. Not only did I recently purchase a popsicle mold I am ecstatic about, I also spent double digit’s worth of hours research which popsicle mold I would be ecstatic about. Research happened to pay off because: this. 


See? Gorgeous. Combined with the recent DSLR purchase, popsicles were obviously the focus of all my photos this week. I'm sure I’m not the only one who adores seeing amber honey slowly whirled into creamy white yogurt, and judging by how quickly these pops seem to disappear from the freezer, I know I”m not the only one who likes nibbling the frozen creations. Most of my experimentations are also healthy or something which is wonderful because who can feel bad about eating fruit and yogurt? Unless you eat all 10, but still that wouldn’t the that horrid. 

So far, all pops have been wildly successful. The horchata pops weren't that pretty but the cinnamon created a nice little ring at the top and bottle that was slightly spicy and gave some texture to the creamy pop…though if we are judging delicious-ness based on yummy bits, the graham cracker lime crust of the key lime pops had to be the winner. Those disappeared quite quickly.



 Strawberry season made it natural to puree and swirl with vanilla bean yogurt, and juicy ripe mangoes from the Asian market were practically made to be spooned with yogurt and frozen. The orangey color just blended so beautifully it was too much to not put on Instagram….and these red berry pops are too pretty to not ramble on about online. 


Oh, and by the way....all make for fab breakfast fare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment